Monday, July 12, 2010

Sunday and Monday.

Sunday. July 11th
Today was good. Slept in. Way in. Spent a lazy Sunday with Leo. We did laundry. Cleaned. Organized. It was nice.

We went to Lloyd's for dinner and to watch the World Cup. This turned into a very fun night. Some students from the program joined us as well as a couple of English guys. The game was pretty boring until the last 5 minutes of overtime.

And then it got really interesting! If you're living under a rock, Spain won. Which prompted some strange guy to show up out of nowhere and sit at the end of our table. He started rambling about how he knew this would be how the World Cup ends.

To quote: "I knew it! I knew the score would be 1-nil. I had a premonition. I told the people at work. I knew it!" And upon hearing our giggles, "I really did know it. You don't believe me, but I knew it!"

It was amusing. And then Sunday was over.

Monday. July 12th
Nothing exciting to report. Did homework. Read British Cosmo - which is fun! And interesting. And that's about it. Will be making a trip to the co-op later. Such an exciting Monday in England.

It's really starting to feel like we live here - things are normal. We do normal things. We have normal schedules and responsibilities. We aren't just running around the whole time. It's like our home, but without everything and everybody we love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment