Monday, July 26, 2010

Friday-Saturday-Sunday

Friday, July 23rd
Didn’t do anything overly exciting today. I’ve realized as we get closer to flying home, the excitement and activity is dying down a little. And I’m okay with that – Leo and I have done and experienced a lot of exciting, amazing things the past five weeks.

I’m actually feeling anxious to get home. I want to be back in my routine. I want to see family, friends. I want to see Henry. ☺ I feel so lucky to have the life that I have – traveling has reinforced that for me. I’m one lucky gal.

We still have one exciting trip left – Amsterdam our last weekend here! I’ve heard amazing things about it and am really looking forward to it!

Leo and I went to dinner with some of the students at a Mexican restaurant – it was pretty good. It’s funny how different Mexican tastes! And the margaritas. They were pink and fizzy – weird!

Saturday, July 24th
We went to Cardiff today. We had heard that it was a really cool coastal town – it was okay. Nothing to write home about. It was pretty much identical to Worcester, but then it had a bay. The bay was okay – found a fun carousel that Tommy loved. It smelled like lots of dead fish.

It was a fun day – nice to get out of Worcester and do something different.

Sunday, July 25th
Happy birthday to my big bro, Kel! ☺ See you soon! Slept in today. It was wonderful!

We were going to do laundry so that we could start the packing process but the laundry room was randomly locked… What? That threw a wrench into our plans. We were able to get a bunch of packing done and will finish by Wednesday. Since we will be gone Thursday night-Sunday night we have to have virtually all of our packing done before we go.

I can’t believe that everything is ending. It’s weird to think that in a week we won’t be in this placed we’ve called home for the past five weeks. I will miss it. I will. But I am looking forward to being home. Have I said that already?

No comments:

Post a Comment