Thursday, July 29, 2010

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Monday, July 26th
Took it easy today. Finally able to get the laundry done. Cleaned up the room some. It’s getting close to leaving time.

We really did almost nothing worthy of talking about today. Spent a few brief moments with friends. Spent most of our day alone. It was nice.

Started reading George Orwell’s 1984 tonight – only made it 19 pages in. We’ll see how this goes. Leo has been after me to read it since we met… three years ago. I guess I’ll give it a shot.

Tuesday, July 27th
Woke up early today and went to town. Had some last minute errands to run and wanted to get them done before we were really pressed for time. Since we were there, we also got delicious iced coffees – probably our last of the trip. Whoa. That’s sad. In less than a week we’ll be Stateside again. Who is excited? This girl.

Finished 1984 today. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the book. Good read. Thanks for the suggestion.

What I just realized today: Wallets are called purses. Purses are called bags.

Things I will miss about the UK:
1. The ability to walk everywhere – easily and safely.
2. The tube.
3. Delicious cheese in a tube.
4. Teacakes.
5. How late the sun sets.
6. The amazing shopping.
7. Seeing Ryan, Colleen and Tommy daily.

Wednesday, July 28th
Last day for babysitting Tommy – and she took the longest nap known to toddlers! I was actually bummed that I wasn’t able to spend more time with her while she was conscious ☺

I have made very good progress on my next book, The Lost Symbol. I love it. So good. I am actually excited to finish this book because I want to find out what happens. Usually, I get sad when I finish books if I really like them. I need to finish this one to have the answers!

Spent the evening drinking wine (and some blueberry cider, yum!), telling scary stories/dreams, watching scary videos… with Leo, Colleen and Ryan. I love this life. They are the best friends and I am so thankful that I’ve been able to share all of this with them. Love those three so much!

Did I mention we lit a sky lantern and watched the fireball soar through the sky? Uh, yeah. Best way to end our time in Worcester. ☺

Thursday, July 29th
We’ve spent the morning doing last-minute things for leaving. Printing boarding passes, packing, etc…

Tonight we’re going to the Indian restaurant with all of the students (and Ryan/Colleen) for a farewell dinner. That should be fun – looking forward to it!

Then - We are headed to Amsterdam for the weekend! I can’t wait to be there – it looks beautiful. Looking forward to renting bikes and riding around. We plan to relax. Then – we’ll be home!!! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment